Uses of Clonazepam:
Clonazepam is used alone or together with different medications to treat convulsive disorders like epilepsy. it’s additionally prescribed for anxiety disorder – unexpected attacks of overwhelming panic accompanied by fear of recurrence. Clonazepam belongs to a category of medication called benzodiazepines.
How will Clonazepam work?
Clonazepam belongs to a group of medicines referred to as the benzodiazepines. It may be used to regulate the activity of nerves.
The brain and nerves are created from several nerve cells that communicate with one another through electrical signals. These signals should be carefully regulated for the brain and nerves to perform properly.
When abnormally fast and repetitive electrical signals are free within the brain, it becomes over-stimulated and traditional function is disturbed. This results in fits or seizures.
GABA may be a chemical that, once free within the brain, acts as a calming agent and keeps the nerve activity in balance. Once the brain absorbs the gaba (uptake), this chemical will not act on the nerves. insufficient gaba, the brain could become excited.
Clonazepam acts on receptors within the brain (GABA receptors) to extend the release of gaba. This will increase the calming effects of nerve cells by gaba. By calming nerve cells, clonazepam prevents overly fast and repetitive firing of electrical signals. Thereby electrical nerve activity within the brain is stabilized, resulting in prevention and treatment of fits and maintenance of normal brain perform.
• don’t drink alcohol while taking this medication.
• This medication could reduce your ability to drive or operate machinery safely. don’t drive or operate machinery till you recognize however this medication affects you and you’re certain it will not affect your performance.
• you must not suddenly stop taking this medication unless your doctor tells you otherwise. Suddenly stopping this medication could result in symptoms like tremor, sweating, agitation, sleep disturbances and headaches.
• This medication isn’t suggested in those who are receiving a medicine from the benzodiazepine group over a prolonged amount of your time.
Use with caution in
• Alcohol or medication/drug intoxication
• reduced liver perform
• illness affecting the airways or lungs (respiratory disease)
• elderly individuals
• History of alcoholism or misuse
• kidney disease
• in progress decrease in respiratory organ perform (chronic respiratory organ insufficiency)
• Severe liver injury
• Shaky or unsteady voluntary movements e.g walking (cerebellar ataxia)
• Weak or debilitated individuals
Not to be utilized in
• Abnormal muscle weakness (myasthenia gravis)
• allergic reaction to any medication within the benzodiazepine family
• Severe or sudden decrease in respiratory organ perform (severe or acute respiratory organ insufficiency)
• Severely decreased liver perform
• Syndrome involving short spells once respiration stops throughout sleep (sleep apnoea syndrome)
This medication shouldn’t be used if you’re allergic to at least one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or druggist if you have got previously experienced such an allergic reaction.
If you are feeling you have got experienced an allergy, stop using this medication and inform your doctor or druggist directly.
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Certain medicines shouldn’t be used throughout pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, different medicines is also safely utilized in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the advantages to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. forever inform your doctor if you’re pregnant or designing a pregnancy, before using any medication.
• This medication isn’t recommended to be used in pregnancy unless thought of essential by your doctor. look for medical advice from your doctor.
• This medication passes into breast milk. Breastfeeding mothers should thus either stop breastfeeding whereas taking this medication, or not take this medication. look for medical recommendation from your doctor.
• don’t stop taking this medication except on your doctor’s recommendation.
• This medication could cause sleepiness. If affected don’t drive or operate machinery. Avoid alcoholic drink